top of page

Where can I obtain a building permit in Laurier?

Laurier Township is located in the Parry Sound District. It is an unorganized township which means that there is no authority to issue building permits.  However, permits are required for septic and most electrical work.  Septic permits can be obtained from the North Bay - Mattawa Conservation Authority and electrical permits from the Electrical Safety Authority.  Also, any building should be done according to the Ontario Building Standards and the fire code at the time of the building.  Any concerns or questions can be directed to the Central Almaguin Planning Board which is located in the basement of the South River Municipal Office.

There are no towns in Laurier and access is only through Trout Creek in the north and South River in the south. Services are provided by a Local Services Board and a Local Roads Board. Information on these boards can be found on the Laurier website.

bottom of page